Zero impact source
Next Energy is designed with the latest technology to not only prevent disturbances on the mains but clean the power e.g.. Harmonics generated by non-linear loads.
The input AC/DC converter is based on the IGBT rectifier design using the latest 3-level technology.
The key features are:
• input current distortion < 3%
• input power factor 0,99
• power walk-in function that ensures progressive rectifier start-up
• start-up delay function, to restart the rectifiers when mains power is restored.
Thanks to the programmable maximum input power (kW or kVA), Next Energy can be installed into AC supply systems with limited power availability such as a diesel generator or contractually reduced power sources, and then supply the additional power required using the batteries (peak demand function).
• The latest technology of Next Energy and the careful selection of high-quality components help to achieve first-class performance such as unity power factor (kW/kVA) and the capability to supply capacitive loads, which are very common in most Data Centres, without any power derating up to 40 °C.
• Outstanding system efficiency up to 97% in on-line double conversion mode, increasing to 99% in stand-by mode or smart-active.
• The unit design adopts the forced ventilation method to extract the heat produced by the internal components.
Specific attention has been given to the ventilation system to ensure the best operational level and lifetime. This is
thanks to the automatic speed control which constantly adjusts to the specific load level, the fan failure alarm and the fan redundancy.
Battery care system
The battery is one of the most important parts of the UPS that ensures the correct operation in case of mains failure. Next Energy includes all the latest features to prolong the battery life and keep the battery working efficiently, as well as advising users about any potential problem.
The variety of charging methods allows the use of the most common type of battery and technologies available on the market such as VLRA, AGM, GEL, NicCd etc.
In addition to the flexibility of the battery cells, Next Energy allows users to choose the most cost-effective solution for the required back-up time. The battery charging and discharging is assured by the STEP-UP/ STEP-DOWN converter which means that when the batteries are charged and the mains is available, the converter is no longer connected to the supply. This means the ripple current is practically zero which leads to a significant improvement in battery life.
Operation without Neutral
Next Energy can work with or without the neutral connection. This is an important feature to reduce the TCO of the distribution system where the neutral is created by an isolation transformer close to the load. For example, in the modern Data Centre, or where the neutral is not used at all. The major benefit being a reduced cost of the distribution arrangements.
• The small footprint of the cabinet and complete front access for all maintenance activities, ensures maximum space for installation and service.
• Next Energy includes top and bottom cable entry as standard, removing the need for large and costly top entry cabinets.
• Ventilation is from the front to the top so no additional rear clearance required.
Maximum reliability and availability
Next Energy UPS can be connected in parallel with up to 8 units to increase the capacity or add redundancy (N+1).
Considering that a typical load can vary from 20 to 80%, the Efficiency Control System (ECS) function optimises the operating efficiency of the entire system according to the power absorbed by the load. This ensures higher overall efficiency during all load conditions. Hot System Expansion (HSE) allows the addition of further UPS into an existing system, without the need to switch off the operational units or transfer them to bypass mode. This guarantees maximum load protection, even during maintenance and system expansion. It ensures maximum levels of availability – even in the event of an interruption to the parallel control cable the system is “FAULT TOLERANT”. It is not affected by connection cable faults and continues powering the load without disruption, signaling an alarm condition.
INTERACTIVE TOUCH SCREEN
Next Energy is equipped with a Touch screen 7” graphic display (800×480 pixels) providing UPS information, measurements, voltage and current waveforms, operating states and alarms in different languages.
The default screen displays the UPS status, graphically indicating the status of the various assemblies (rectifier, batteries, inverter, bypass). Also, the panel is used for the configuration and setting the parameters of the UPS with 3 levels of the security password as per the authorisation level.
The unit is compatible with the latest operating systems including:
• Windows 7, 8
• Windows Server 2012, 2008, and previous versions
• Mac OS X
• VMWare ESXi
• Citrix XenServer and many other Unix operating systems.